Saturday, November 17, 2012

Re-connected...

After two weeks, my phone works again.  It was a lousy day, I couldn't find a place to call from. 

In the erroneous assumption that 'everyone has a handy' (cell phone), I've become the exception to the rule, and there aren't any telephone booths any more out on the streets, which is probably saving the telecom loads of money.  But cells are prohibitavely expensive.    And am old fashioned and like my land-line.

So I wanted to use a turkish call center, but they weren't open, and landed at the ho-tel.  The telephone cell we used to have got turned into a trash closet for tools and stuff.  But a former colleague was there and so I could use his...  it was a toll-free number, after all.

Nothing much has changed on the surface, but I happen to know that there is a lot going on beneath the surface.  I was just glad for the connection and right things.

Am disgruntled that my provider can turn a connection OFF if payment is late, but aren't courteous enough to automatically turn it ON once the payment certification reaches them. 

Tja, well, that won't happen again....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment